Catalyst for Product and Business Success
Silicon Valley, CA
Marketing Leader – Product Management / Product Marketing
Awarded for innovation in product and revenue creation. Uniquely combines product management, product marketing, and user experience to create successful, profitable products. Expertise in bringing new technologies to market quickly for start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. Director and Senior Manager experiences complemented by MBA and two engineering degrees.
• History of providing triple digit revenue growth, top market share, and significant cost savings as result of focus on market requirements and business objectives.
• Expertise in managing complex, geographically diverse, and virtual cross-functional teams.
• Early pioneer in rich-media technologies for various markets—enterprise unified communications and collaboration, video, virtualization, mobility, cloud services, social business, service provider applications, content analytics, and public safety radio over IP.
POLYCOM – Sr. Manager, Solutions Product Marketing / Product Manager
Sr. Manager, Solutions Product Marketing – Alliances
Leading product marketing activities as well as guiding and collaborating with internal teams and IBM colleagues on making communications more social—transforming how businesses engage.
Sr. Manager, Product Management – UC Partner Solutions
Provided strategic direction and leadership for IBM partnership and Cisco integration initiative—creating competitively differentiated unified communications (UC) and social business solutions.
• Developed key partnerships within IBM as well as extended IBM UC and Social Business capabilities— resulting in significant revenue, OEM contract, joint cloud research, and IBM Lotus Award 2011 for Enhancing Business Value through UC2 Solutions.
• Built Cisco integration initiative and strategies to address UC integration opportunities, prevent competitive rip-and-replace, and provide loss mitigation.
• Significantly improved product and solution processes in areas of best practices, solution pricing, virtual team creation, field/beta trials, and solution requirements.
CISCO SYSTEMS – Sr. Product Manager
Emerging Technology Group
Drove strategies for public safety collaboration solution in start-up setting. Managed multiple communications endpoints. Directed team of 3 marketers and coached product managers.
• Spearheaded product marketing efforts, created new sales enablement tools, and revamped Web portals—achieving effective resource scaling and selling in 2 months.
• Championed customer and user experience through validation interviews, usability and ethnographic studies, and ordering improvements.
Voice Technology Group
Delivered from concept Cisco’s first enterprise unified communications softclients, video telephony endpoints, and consumer-facing VoIP devices. Led direct reports, trained product managers, and directed multiple product teams with several sub-teams (~106 members).
• Initiated user-centered design practices into product development process—resulting in reduced development time, quick product adoption, and top market share position.
• Led efforts beyond desktop video product-line duties by driving product marketing activities for enterprise video telephony—obtaining 61% market share and numerous industry awards.
• Created and implemented new product deployment process—preventing customer installation issues and escalations due to network outages.
• Developed acceptance criteria for video communications ecosystem partners as well as evaluated and managed partners like Sony and Polycom.
• Spearheaded and executed promotional campaign for IP phones—resulting in $36M incremental revenue in 6 months and #1 in telephony market share.
• Led Komodo product-line integration and drove go-to-market strategies for service provider market—delivering 400% revenue growth, 80% market share, and 32% cost reduction.
KOMODO TECHNOLOGY – Director of Marketing
Directed marketing communications, product marketing, and business development for emerging technology supplier of consumer-based IP telephony hardware products. Activities led to company profitability in less than 6 months of first customer ship and acquisition of this successful start-up by Cisco Systems for $175 million. Managed budget of $0.5M.
• Directed public relations team—rewarded by editor’s choice awards, respected trade magazine articles, industry roundtable invitations, and multiple acquisition offers.
• Led marketing communications—drove third-party co-marketing, coordinated events, managed 2 Websites, and developed key messages and collateral.
• Managed business development and strategic alliances—partnered with telecommunications/network manufacturers, service providers, and distributors.
TRIDENT MICROSYSTEMS – Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Executed product management, product marketing, and business development for line of embedded memory 3D / DVD LCD graphics controllers for mobile computing. Led cross-functional product team of 10-15 members and assisted in supervising and training team of 10 applications engineers and marketing managers. Managed P&L, forecasting, and pricing.
• Defined, positioned, and launched 5 of company’s first embedded memory integrated circuit products—bringing in greater than 46% of company revenue.
• Provided account penetration strategies, development, and support—resulting in higher customer satisfaction and increased efficiency of sales teams.
CIRRUS LOGIC – Business Marketing Manager
Drove business development and customer program management for a line of 3D LCD graphics controllers for this semiconductor manufacturer. Served as strategy consultant for account managers and primary Mobile Graphics Group representative for customers.
• Delivered top-tier notebook manufacturer design-wins—including Toshiba, IBM, and NEC by developing and driving account strategies while championing customer satisfaction.
PULSE METRIC – Marketing Project Leader / International Sales
Managed marketing communications activities, international sales activities, and clinical studies for medical device start-up company. Began as Sales Engineer.
Master of Business Administration – Santa
Clara University, Santa Clara
Science, Biomedical Engineering – University of California, San Diego
Science, Biomedical Engineering – University of California, San Diego
Cisco Innovator Nomination
Cisco Cross-Functional Collaboration Recognition
Cisco Achievement Program Awards:
• Launch Teamwork Award
• Expediting Product SKUs Award
• Web Portal Award
• Outstanding Teamwork Award
• Pricing & Bundling Promotion Award
Silicon Valley Product Management Association – Speaker Recruitment Volunteer
Pragmatic Marketing Certified
“Best of SynthaSite 2008” finalist for personal website (www.gracehm.com)
• Leadership in Action
• Team in Motion
• Accessibility Training
• Getting Business Results through Leadership
• Media Relations Training
• Sandler Systems Sales Training